A Little Step Forward
Shuffle, shuffle, step along,
I am who I am and no one can
change that,
I close my eyes,
my step isn’t wrong,
I proudly wear my tail and top hat
I do Hip Hop,
I believe in all,
I do Sock Hop,
I am tall.
“So what,”I say.
I don’t have to step that way.
By: Ruya
Symbol: dance
Theme: freedom
*********************************************************************
A Little Friend
Snuggling by the fires
As my companion comforts me
With eyes as bright as sapphires
Sitting on my knee
Such a playful puppy
That no one can buy
As small as a guppy
With adorable eyes
He is perfect and just right
When we cuddle through the night
By: Katherine
Symbol:
Theme:
*********************************************************************
Light
As I spread and sprout the day will begin,
I shine real bright at day,
When I get out and grin,
The children will jump and play.
Without me no plants would get taller,
Even though I burn,
Being so hot I holler,
That I can start to turn.
In the morning, you know,
I shine like a dot,
So plants can exist and grow,
And that is a gift I brought.
Then I soar,
One time more.
By: Angela
Symbol: sun
Theme: growth
*********************************************************************
Faithful Friend
When I get home it’s right there staring .
I open the door and it looks at me
Caring, loyal, fun is what it is.
As friendly and cute as can be.
It sometimes barks and growls.
Knowing that it’s me.
Playing at tug-of war
Or sometimes chewing the door.
I wish that I could extend,
The time with my friend.
By: Courtni
Symbol: dog
Theme: friendship
*********************************************************************
Roots to Leaves
From roots to leaves
From dawn to eve
It stands very tall
It brings happiness to all
It stands long
Way past dawn
There it stands
With no hands
By Richard
Symbol: tree
Theme: life
*********************************************************************
Furry Luck
I’m swinging through the trees
Looking for a golden fruit
I see all of the possibilities
Nothing but the best will suit
I swing and I swing down another way
By luck or work I shall find it fast
I’ll find it today
I’ll have luck at last
“I found it!” I said.
Now, I can go back to bed
By: Preston
Symbol: monkey
Theme: good fortune
*********************************************************************
HIDDEN
I often have numbers
Puzzling people to figure me out
I also have letters
Whisper don’t shout
I am hidden until I am found
I am locked
I won’t peep or make a sound
I might be blocked
I have good things
I might puzzle kings.
By: Andrew
Symbol: codes
Theme: secrets
*********************************************************************
Ticking Time
When I am born
It is at one
I am adorn
I have grown none
I am a decade
It is at ten
I am in fourth grade
I feel like grown men
I am twenty
19 + 1 is where it is
I have lots of bruises on my knee
Tomorrow I will meet the Miz
I’m 30 years
It is at thirty
Time is ticking, changing gears
I am very dirty
I’m forty
It’s four tenths there
It is a great authority
I am getting lots of care
I am now fifty
It is half way there
I am now very nifty
I really do care
Now I am sixty
It is almost there
My life is mixey
I don’t know what to wear
I am now seventy years
It is three quarters done
I toast with a “Cheers!”
I have almost won
Now I am eighty
Ten more to go
I am saying “Ahoy matey”
I am now very slow
I am ninety
Oh my, Oh my
While there is a new baby
Now I die.
By Kishan
Symbol: timer clock
Theme: aging
*********************************************************************
Loving
I pump all day long,
I really can’t stop,
So I need to be strong
Or you will really flop
I give a life so full,
Like getting along,
Even when you’re dull,
Or when you sing your favorite song,
You should be kind,
When me, you should find.
By Anika
Symbol: heart
Theme: happiness
*********************************************************************
My Garden
I met them in Kindergarten.
Both of them were great.
Still the best flowers in my garden.
I hope it never ends, just like a crêpe.
No person will ever break our bond.
At least I hope.
That we will be together for infinity and beyond.
Even when I’m acting like a dope.
Making me feel happy when I am blue.
Loud little flowers they are.
Will make me wake up with one simple boo.
They make me feel like a racing car.
I like them both the same.
Just as they came.
By: Dylan
Symbol: garden
Theme: friendship
*********************************************************************
New
They assist you all the time
Although you don’t know it
As fluent as a rhyme
If you knew how many,
you’d have a fit
They’re driving, diving all hidden
Inventive, changing,
mysterious and clever
They ‘re used to make things
forbidden
Worldwide with buttons and
Blinking bulbs, plus a lever
An example is Wii
Or a robotic bee
By Hank
Symbol: machines
Theme: innovation
*********************************************************************
Plugged In
I’m good and evil in a way
I’m programmed to let you play
And now you can’t stop plying
But your mom is coming
and telling you to stop,
wish you were staying
And when you come back from school,
you eat as fast as you can
Throwing your food in the trashcan
And you race right to your room
Will you be the hero?
Or live your life of doom?
By: Jason
Symbol: video game
Theme: addiction
*********************************************************************
RED, WHITE AND YOU
I wave freely with the wind
Showing people possibilities
Sometimes on the wall I’m pinned
Resembling opportunities
My stripes and stars show
success and pride
My colors are red, white,
and blue
Who I am I cannot hide
I tell myself, I am who
Swaying in victory
Standing in liberty
By: McCoy
Symbol: flag
Theme: independence
*********************************************************************
Power to the Max
Just look at the loud soothing
Energy of the Koensigg CCX
It is the HP, which is calming
It is so complex
Buggatti Veyron the fastest road car
Being so bold
For it is so bizarre
It is so uncontrolled
It is so immense
How a car can endure
That has a good sense
It is very sure
Flaming by the light
Speeding through the night
By Rosh
Symbol: car
Theme: power
*********************************************************************
The Best Pet
I wish I had one as a pet.
Most of my friends have one.
When you get one you won’t fret.
After that, you’ll have fun.
They are really nice.
Making you feel tired.
They are way better than mice.
Feeling really admired.
You will think they’re the best.
But after you play, you’ll want a rest.
By: Sara
Symbol: dog
Theme: happiness
*********************************************************************
Sky’s the Limit
When I fly by, I can spy way up high
On the Fourth of July, booming and rocketing fireflies
I will go by Shanghi and see the FBI
I may go by in the blink of an eye
Seeing far and wide
Reaching from deep inside
Soaring with hopeful pride
And I love being in the world outside
Down the runway, along the highway,
I can fly on a holiday
Across the whole entire USA
Wings wearing beautiful colors today
By: Michelle
Symbol: parrot
Theme: flight
*********************************************************************
Soaring On The Wings Of Freedom
As I break away and open the door
I find shimmering birds winding through the trees
I have access to a whole new world
It’s what I’ve always wanted, way beyond my beliefs
Fluttering, gliding, soaring
Looking down upon the world
Opportunities are never boring
The world looks like a pearl
The clouds of cotton candy have come to say good-bye,
I must go now, away I will fly!
By: Kimayani
Symbol: wings
Theme: freedom
*********************************************************************
Party Time!!!
Getting tossed around at parties,
-uhh…what a mess.
There’s a pleasure guarantee,
This is the best.
Kids are playing, shouting a lot.
No times could compare.
All their bad times are forgot,
Happiness is everywhere.
Everybody’s happy, lots of grins.
This party was a surprise.
The best time there’s ever been.
The party’s over, time flies.
No parties are better, at any rate.
When we come home, it’s very late.
At the end of the party, I deflate.
By Jason
Symbol: balloon
Theme: fun
*********************************************************************
The Scribble
I struggle as I scribble to success
I use my point to do my job
As I climb down the page I find happiness
When I get to imagination’s door,
I find an angry mob
They stop me on my way
They make my life a bore
I try to get to the end of my day
But they throw me on the floor
I raise my point to win
Because my story’s about to begin
By: Blake
Symbol: pencil
Theme: success
*********************************************************************
The Red Ruby
Hanging on a branch,
I saw a ruby on a tree.
On a flower I saw a fluttering bee.
I think it looks out of my reach,
Like a fuzzy, furry peach.
But below a branch I took,
A bite and took a look,
And wished it to be a shining jewel,
And tried not to break a rule.
Like a fantasy and
A wonderful wish,
As tasty as the tastiest dish.
By: Kristin
Symbol: apple
Theme: imagination
*********************************************************************
The Tournament
While I am dribbling down the field
All I’m thinking about is winning.
Past the defenders the goal is revealed.
Seeing my teammate I am releasing,
My coach yells ``Control!!’’
He sees me so he was rooting,
I take a look at the goal.
Finally, I am shooting.
The ball flies through the air and I scored.
My team is victorious like soldiers with a sword!
By: Ryan
Symbol: soccer
Theme: success
*********************************************************************
Together or Alone
Graceful me, being myself
Showing what I have with spins,
And when you are being yourself
You feel like you will win.
Stepping and turning, with many counts of 8,
Doing it together or alone,
Happy or sad it would still be great,
Like finding a lost relative I’d never known.
By myself or with my friends,
I’d never want it to end.
By: Vaishnavi
Symbol: dance
Theme: fun
*********************************************************************
What I Feel
I hear the music and
I’m counting to the beats
Powerful, fast, quick with energy
I feel free
Spins, turns, sharp and strong
I show what I have
So don’t say it’s wrong
I be myself, it’s what I do
I’m moving along with what I feel
I’m leaping with zeal
By: Emma-Leigh
Symbol: dance
Theme: happiness
*********************************************************************
The Game
I go through the forest
It’s like a labyrinth
This is a hard quest
But I see a large foot print
I am stuck in this place
I think I can’t survive
Struggling in this race
Would I make it alive?
But I won’t be blocked
I will win
I am not locked
Knocked down this last bowling pin
I have beat the game
This was my aim
By: Krishay
Symbol: wilderness
Theme: opposition
*********************************************************************
Holidays
Wrapped up with ribbon for all
Happiness inside is found
They may be big or small
Joy given all around
I dislike the wrapping
Because it hides a secret
At holidays they’re stacking
Like a surprise, you can’t keep it
But, finally when you open it
It is exciting to receive it
By: Annesh
Symbol: gift
Theme: fun
*********************************************************************
Winning
You get me when you win
Proud when you hold me
It’s a great achievement for you
Standing tall and shiny
I rise up with pride
Only if you do hard work
Reaching with a push and pull
Will you be very successful?
You smile when you hold me
I stand very hopeful
You share me with your friends
I am very grateful
By: Iliyan
Symbol: award
Theme: happiness
*********************************************************************
Soaring above the Clouds
I soar above the highest clouds
Perched atop my mountain nest
I will never be in bounds,
For all I know, I will be the best.
I am in control of the USA
Triumph resembles me
Independence is at the end of the bay
From up high I see the possibility
Success is not always everything
I am a doorway to opportunity
Not just a regular thing
I do not live in a community
I don’t have to travel anywhere
I can soar everywhere.
By: Daniel
Symbol: eagle
Theme: freedom
*********************************************************************
A Round Adventure
It is rough
And weighs many pounds
As well it is tough
Sprialing and round
A shiny moon
Giganitc and small
Here, 12:00 is noon
A spinning brown ball
Soaring through space with minor gravity
It’s the only one with people popularity
By: Aditya
Symbol: football
Theme: earth
*********************************************************************
10:00
At 10:00, I go to bed
Now it’s black nighttime
And I start to think I’m on a bobsled
I’m going home ‘cause it’s dinnertime
Suddenly I look behind
A creepy monster’s chasing me!
It was a horse and bug combined
It started singing off-key
I covered up my ears
But I could still hear it
Then I woke up with three peers
I got an idea really quick
So real did it look.
I should write that in a book.
By: Chloe
Symbol: dream
Theme: imagination
*********************************************************************
Keep Going
Walking on the sidewalk
Or driving on the street
Maybe drawing with some chalk
I keep going forward walking on my feet
I can see it in my eye
Not showing signs of stopping
It could be up high
I shall still be clinging
I will not stop to play
That I shall save for another day
By: Geneva
Symbol: person
Theme: determination
*********************************************************************
No comments:
Post a Comment