Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Near-Fatality Beach Disaster
By 25LukeZ
Crash! Boom! Pffffwhhhhh! The waves rammed on the rocky shore. On the beach, I stood watching as my friends all were sitting in the sand, waiting for waves to pound on them. Next moment, whoooom! One monster wave, swirling with seaweed, piled down on the group. After the wave passed, my comrades were all laughing, and pushing each other. If only I had the chance to have some fun like they are, I thought. I just couldn’t help noticing all the seashells and coral pieces, shining in the sunlight. My urge to go in the ocean was just too strong.
In my head, I thought, the sea isn’t that negative, why do my parents not allow it? I yelled, ”Mom, I’m going in the water!” My mom told me to be careful, not to go too far into the water. I heeded her warning and continued to brave my way in the ocean. I made it about three feet into the ocean when someone called my name. I turned around, only to find my dad calling me, telling me to get out of the water. In the heat of that moment, a wave pushed me down on my butt, but not taking me under. I then noticed how beautiful the ocean was, swirling with kelp, seaweed, and coral.
Suddenly, happening in less than a bat of my eye, I went under. My instincts managed one giant splash before I actually sank to this sudden wave. Gurgle gurgle gurgle. A sneaking riptide swirled on me, pulling me under, pushing me out to the open sea. I would’ve drowned if my dad hadn’t seen my splash. Unfortunately, he was a little late. Before he got to me I thought, it’s over! Then I, Luke Zeng, passed out.
This is when my story swerves off to my dad’s report, because I mentioned that I passed out. The following actions, according to my dad, is what happened. Oddly, after I submerged, Dad noticed me and ran to my rescue. Not caring about his wallet, phone, or even his own safety, he barreled towards me, picking my body up. Everyone must’ve thought I had died. Luckily, after a few minutes, Dad heard me breathing, and knew everything was well.
Turns out, everything was not well. When we went back to the hotel, I thought, if my dad ran to me with his normal clothes, won’t his telephone be wet? I was one hundred ten percent correct. After we accessed the hotel room, Father took out a screwdriver and wrench to try and save his Iphone 4. Unfortunately, Apple phones can’t be opened, so he is stuck with a salty, wet fourth model of Iphone for the rest of the trip. I asked my dad, ”Father, will you switch your cell phone?” He just told me that Iphones were dumb, and that he was getting and Android phone.
That day we were stuck with only a flippy phone (my mom’s phone) for communication. I felt queasy, guilty, and a dash of fear of my father. My observations show that the beach, after my incident, put up warnings for riptides. Just as depressing as normal to me, Pop sulked for the entire day. I can tell, even through that, he still loves me. Nevertheless, he saved my life, and that receives my highest honor. Most of all, if it weren’t for him there wouldn’t be anything left of me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! What an experience! Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDelete