By 25AustinL
Kersplash! I caught another one. So, it goes into the pail with the other ones. In the bucket of water, there was two (or three) dark figures gliding in the water. They were fish. Yup, fish (very scary). The fish were quite small at that. The tiny brown fish used to live in the murky waters of a marsh in Korea (That’s where I was). My family and I were under the hot sun trying to catch fish. At first I was like, “Why are we out here in the middle of summer?” But there I was on the side of lake with my small can of fish food (It smells really bad) fishing.
Everything was very green, like super green. Green plants, green-ish water, green-ish fish,and more green plants. I was also thinking, “Why is this water so dirty?” The answer came soon after. Suddenly a little wave rushed in and swept all of the dirt on the bottom of the lake! So the water got dirtier. Then, my grandpa yelled, “I got one! I got one!” in Korean. And surely enough there was a fish. That fish was the only medium sized fish we caught on the trip.
Then I hit the jackpot. My pole bent so much that I thought it was going to break! It swayed in circular movement, and my grandpa (who is an “expert” fisherman) ran over to help me. It was pulling us into the water, but when I reeled my catch up, I found a rock. It was brown and damp and had holes in it. It kind of broke all tension built up, but it was cool. Then everyone started laughing. We put the rock back into the murky water.
After we left the marshy area, we moved on to the ocean and tried our luck there. We bought some ice cream and some food and went on to the boat. The fishing boat was really shaky, but when were we on the fish farm, it was even more shaky. I didn’t fish in the farm, but instead, fished next to the farm. I saw massive coordinated movement under the water because to feed the fish in the farm, they throw in blocks of shrimp that slowly fall to the bottom. To keep the fish alive, they put nets under the farm, so the clean water can flow in but the fish can’t go out!
The shrimp float through the net and feeds the fish outside of the farm, so large amounts of fish build up there, which makes it a good fishing spot!
On my first try I got five fish on my five hooks! Slowly, my family and I caught 10 fish… 20 fish… 30 fish… 41 fish. The white box we put the fish in got really bloody because when the hook goes in, it makes a cut. You are supposed take it out so I did and from the cut, blood flows out and everywhere. I felt really seasick, so my mom gave her phone to me so I watched some videos for an hour. My family gave up trying to catch more fish so we headed back home.
On the way back, I saw that the dam was closed and people were down there collecting oysters. I was burned out and tired, but I was really proud of my catch of 5 at a time. When we got back to the hotel room, I went down to buy some ice cream (Korean ice cream is really good). I just played video games all night until dinner.That night I had fish for dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment